Virtuoso has revealed the properties and hoteliers in the running for its prestigious Best of the Best awards as the network celebrates its 25th anniversary this year, with several western and Asian properties included.
The Long Bar – Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund in Shanghai, China has been included among the nominees for Best Bar, while Golden Door Luxury Resort & Spa in San Marcos, California is in the running for the Best Wellness Program gong.
Cavallo Point – the Lodge at Golden Gate, Sausalito, California, has been nominated for the Sustainable Tourism Leadership award, while Amanemu, Shima, Japan is among the nominees for Best Virtuoso Newcomer. For Hotel of the Year, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok and The Peninsula Beijing are in the running.
This year’s 55 contenders in 11 categories were selected by the Virtuoso network and the editors of Virtuoso Life magazine. Virtuoso’s travel advisors will vote for their favourites over the next few weeks. The winning selections will be revealed during Virtuoso Travel Week’s Hotels & Resorts Dinner taking place Aug. 16, 2017 at Bellagio Resort & Casino in Las Vegas.
The nominees are:
Virtuoso has revealed the properties and hoteliers in the running for its prestigious Best of the Best awards as the network celebrates its 25th anniversary this year.
This year's 55 contenders in 11 categories were selected by the Virtuoso network and the editors of Virtuoso Life magazine.
Virtuoso's travel advisors will vote for their favorites over the next few weeks. Their winning selections will be revealed during Virtuoso Travel Week's Hotels & Resorts Dinner taking place Aug. 16, 2017, at Bellagio Resort & Casino in Las Vegas.
The nominees for 2017 are:
Best Achievement in Design
- Baoase Luxury Resort, Willemstad, Curaçao
- Park Hyatt Mallorca, Majorca, Spain
- Six Senses Douro Valley, Lamego, Portugal
- The Strand Yangon, Yangon, Myanmar
- The William Vale, Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
Best Dining Experience
- Le Louis XV – Hôtel de Paris Monte-Carlo, Monte Carlo, Monaco
- La Terrazza – Hotel Eden, Rome, Rome, Italy
- Meo Modo – Relais Borgo Santo Pietro, Siena, Italy
- Manta – The Cape, A Thompson Hotel, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Majorelle – The Lowell, New York, New York, U.S.
- The Blue Bar – The Berkeley, London, UK
- Aquarium Bar – Castelbrac Hotel, Dinard, France
- Saxony – Faena Hotel Miami Beach, Miami Beach, Florida, U.S.
- Bar Hemingway – Ritz Paris, Paris, France
- The Long Bar – Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund, Shanghai, China
Best Family Program
- Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, Oxford, UK
- Hotel Castello at Forte Village Resort, Santa Margherita di Pula, Italy
- Hotel Sacher Wien, Vienna, Austria
- The Reef Atlantis, Nassau, Bahamas
- The Ritz-Carlton, Naples, Naples, Florida, U.S.
Best Wellness Program
- Canyon Ranch, Tucson, Arizona, U.S.
- Golden Door Luxury Resort & Spa, San Marcos, California, U.S.
- Kempinski Hotel Berchtesgaden, Berchtesgaden, Germany
- Rosewood San Miguel de Allende, San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
- SHA Wellness Clinic, Alicante, Spain
Best Virtuoso Experience
- Anantara Peace Haven Tangalle Resort, Tangalle, Sri Lanka
- Hotel Solar de las Animas, Tequila, Mexico
- The Mark, New York, New York, U.S.
- São Lourenço do Barrocal, Monsaraz, Portugal
- Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Sustainable Tourism Leadership
- Cavallo Point – the Lodge at Golden Gate, Sausalito, California, U.S.
- CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa, Rendezvous Bay, Anguilla
- Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley, Wolgan Valley, Australia
- Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel, Machu Picchu Pueblo, Peru
- UXUA Casa Hotel & Spa, Trancoso, Brazil
Best Virtuoso Newcomer
- Amanemu, Shima, Japan
- Chablé Resort and Spa, Chocholá, Mexico
- Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown, New York, New York, U.S.
- Park Hotel Vitznau, Vitznau, Switzerland
- The St. Regis Langkawi, Langkawi, Malaysia
Best Virtuoso Ambassador
- Kees Hogetoorn – AccorHotels
- Leslie Dodson – AccorHotels
- Tets Kato – Banyan Tree Mayakoba
- Gillian Greenwood – InterContinental Hotel Group
- Janet Kato White – Montage Hotels
Hotelier of the Year
- Taparahi Tibble – Aman Sveti Stefan, Sveti Stefan, Montenegro
- Eric Boonstoppel – Cheval Blanc Courchevel, Courchevel, France
- Timothy Ananiadis – Hotel Grand Bretagne, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Athens, Athens, Greece
- Frank Marrenbach – Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa, Oetker Collection, Baden-Baden, Germany
- Susanne Hatje – Mandarin Oriental, New York, New York, New York, U.S.
Hotel of the Year
- Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, Lanai City, Hawaii, U.S.
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
- Palazzo Seneca, Norcia, Italy
- The Peninsula Beijing, Beijing, China
- The Lanesborough, Oetker Collection, London, UK